In the wake of the difficulties posed due to lockdown restrictions, the Department of Goods and Services Tax (GST), Kerala has notified the extension of the last date to apply for its Amnesty plan. It has been extended to 30th September 2020.
Under this scheme, the tax levied on the State VAT, Central Sales Tax, Luxury tax, Agricultural Income Tax, Kerala General Sales Tax, Surcharge are applicable for arrears. To avail amnesty, merchants with income tax arrears are required to make a one-time registration by logging on to the official website of State Income Tax, www.keralataxes.gov.in. They can then view their temporarily assessed arrear details. If there is an increase or decrease in the assessed details, they can edit by themselves and submit the application. After the application has been scrutinized by the Assessment Officer, merchants can pay the taxes online. All arrears are to be paid before 31st March 2021. Merchants who receive new Demand Notices are to submit their option within 30 days of receiving the notice.
Benefits of the Amnesty scheme
1. 100% discount on fines and fees.
2. 60% discount on tax arrears for debt collectors.
3. 50% discount on tax arrears for those paying in installments.
4. Amnesty is applicable to cases that are on appeal before the Department.
5. All taxes and arrears paid after the issue of Demand Notice applicable for the deduction.
6. This scheme can be availed by those who were unable to pay their arrears through the earlier Amnesty plan.
7. If any amount has been paid through the earlier Amnesty plan, the amount will be deducted from the current scheme.
8. If under the scheme, Collection Fee will not be charged in ongoing cases of Revenue Recovery.