Amazon has invited applications from eligible and interested candidates for the post of staff accountant.
Amazon.com, Inc., is an American multinational technology company based in Seattle that focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. It is considered one of the Big Four technology companies, along with Google, Apple, and Facebook.
- The Staff Accountant responsibilities include month-end closing activities for multiple ledgers and ensure proper review of outstanding amounts due, preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual reconciliations and balance sheet analysis.
- This position will support the Management in all aspects of financial accounting, reporting systems, procedures, and policies.
- On the audit front, the Staff Accountant will manage the department’s response to internal and external audit requirements and will also ensure compliance with Sox requirements for all geographies/activities handled by Shared Services.
- This position will also play an important role in promoting systems/process development within the department to ensure ongoing efficiency and control improvements.
- The successful candidate will have a strong desire in innovating processes and exceed expectations in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable or another accounting process is a strong plus
- Strong interpersonal skills — including written and oral communication skills.
- Zeal towards Operational Excellence/Process improvement & simplifications
- Excellent knowledge of financial controls and procedures, US GAAP knowledge would be plus
- PC literate with advance level excel
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Ability to break down and solve complex problems in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Good organizational skills, including prioritization and time management Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
For more info click here.