In a significant move to curb tax evasion under the new Goods and Services Tax regime, the GST Commissionerate, Coimbatore has initiated investigations against some...
No Tax Relief for Sale of Old House If New One purchased in Wife & Daughters’ Name: ITAT [Read Order]December 15, 2018
- Cyber Tax Evasion of Rs 262 crore detected in Delhi December 13, 2018
- Amount kept in Impress Account can’t be treated as ‘Business Advance’: ITAT deletes Penalty [Read Order] December 13, 2018
- No Provisions in Income Tax Act to mandate Interest on Interest: Kerala HC [Read Judgment] December 12, 2018
To recapitulate, different units of the same entity functioning in different States are treated as “distinct persons” under the GST law and supply of goods or services or both between such “distinct persons”, even if made without consideration are treated as supply, as per Schedule I of the CGST Act....
December 14, 2018 CESTAT confirms Service Tax Demand against BSNL [Read Order]
No Service Tax on IIM for collecting Participation Fee from Companies participating in Campus Recruitment till 2006: CESTAT [Read Order]November 25, 2018
- December 15, 2018 Karnataka GST Amendment Bill passed: CM Hints at Low Revenue from Cess
- December 15, 2018 GST Evasion: Steel Company Director arrested for Fraud of Rs. 333 Crores
- December 14, 2018 GST Evasion: Govt releases State-Wise details of Cases, Maharashtra Tops the List
- December 14, 2018 Commissioner (Appeals) can’t condone Delay beyond Statutory Period: Madras High Court condones Delay [Read Order]