No Addition for ‘Deemed Dividend’ when Assessee Pledged his Personal Properties to Bank to Borrow Money for Company: ITAT [Read Order]November 19, 2017
The Income Tax Appellate Tribunal recently ordered that the provisions of ‘deemed dividend’ under the Income Tax Act would not attract in a case where...
Re-Assessment Only on the direction from Superiors is Invalid when AO was satisfied that Original Assessment was Proper: ITAT [Read Order]November 18, 2017
- No Penalty If Assessee made Bonafide Mistake in Returns and Revised the same Later: ITAT [Read Order] November 17, 2017
- CBEC clarifies Issues on Applicability of GST and Availability of ITC in respect of Certain Services [Read Circular] November 16, 2017
- Due Date for filing GST TRAN-1 Again Extended [Read Order] November 16, 2017
The Central Government has been very active in bringing about measures for prevention of money laundering. As to what has been perceived as a new step in this regard, the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) has, on 20th September, 2017, notified the Companies (Restriction on number of layers) Rules, 2017...
Government, as a Lessee, is liable to pay Service Tax despite Liability of Lessor: Supreme Court [Read Judgment]November 9, 2017
Dept cannot Extend Time Limit for Recovery of Service Tax when Assessee has Valid Explanation for Its Default: Delhi HC [Read Order]October 23, 2017
- November 17, 2017 Traders Opted for GST Composition Scheme from beginning can File their Maiden Returns Now, Others have to wait till Next Week
- November 16, 2017 CAs cannot mention them as GST Consultant: Providing Trainings, Seminars to Non-Existing Clients amount to Ethical Violation, says ICAI [Read FAQs]
- November 16, 2017 CBEC clarifies Issues on Applicability of GST and Availability of ITC in respect of Certain Services [Read Circular]
- November 16, 2017 Cabinet approves Establishment of National Anti-Profiteering Authority under GST