The 30th Meeting of the GST Council held through video conferencing today. The meeting has been started with union finance minister Arun Jaitley via video conferencing along with state finance ministers. The following are the major decisions took by the Council today.
- Discussions were made on 1% Pan-India tax in commodities.
- GST Tax collection more than expected at North Eastern states, FM said.
- No GST rate change on any products.
- No decision taken on Petrol & diesel under GST.
- A seven member GoM to form over Kerala cess revision matter for extra GST collection.
- A analyst panel will research over GST collection across states.