Global Accounting Operations (GAO) is a key part of Oracle’s Global Controllers Organization. This progressive and innovative team comprises a dynamic group of finance professionals responsible for Oracle’s US GAAP Accounting and Reporting.
Role: Perform activities that assist accurate and periodic on time book close for assigned countries, reconcile balance sheet accounts, resolve outstanding open items to help in ensuring correctness of financial statements and support various reporting requirements
- Month/Quarter close activities
- Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- Audit support
- Participate in Global Projects
- Test process changes due to system upgrades
- Contribution to process/reconciliation improvements
- Partner with the people globally to ensure a unified global approach to Close Management, Global Reporting and ongoing Financial Data management
- Workin a team for analyzing key operational activities identifying more effective and efficient mechanisms of delivery through Cloud technology and automation.
- Self-Driven and Result Oriented
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to collaborate well with various stakeholders across the globe
- Innovative and Fiduciary mindset
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Maintain general accounting systems, policies, and procedures to ensure that proper information is reported in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
As a member of the finance division, you will assist in accounting functions which may include general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, and inter-company transactions. Maintain the general ledger to include the preparation of journal entries, analysis, reconciliation, and reporting. Maintain and implement general accounting systems. Conduct account reconciliation periodically, ledger close activities, and provide accurate financial data to support management in decision making. Develop and prepare financial reports including profit and loss, income and balance sheet statements. Review and analyze inter-company transactions. Ensure all journal entries comply with internal and external audit specifications. Participate in the ongoing development and maintenance of internal procedures and processes. May participate in special projects.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures of Oracle. Strong analytical, prioritization and communication skills in partnering with other internal groups and management. Familiarity with Excel spreadsheets is essential. Familiarity with Oracle Financials is essential. 2 years of accounting experience and a BA/BS degree in Accounting or equivalent. Some positions need you to be bilingual in English and Spanish or Portuguese.
For more details Click here.