Icon Clinical Research India Pvt Ltd is hiring CA/CMA qualifiers for the role of Finance Manager at their Chennai branch. Candidates with 6 to 11 years of experience are preferred.
ICON plc, a leading global Contract Research Organisation employing 14,000 people in 40 countries. ICON is a global provider of outsourced development services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries.
- Manage, support and provide guidance to a team of financial accountants responsible for the financial reporting of offshore ICON legal entities that Chennai Finance are responsible for
- Ensure the financial, statutory and taxation reporting for a portfolio of ICON entities is completed accurately and in accordance with the Group’s reporting timetable and the relevant statutory reporting deadlines
- Take an active role in the development of the financial reporting function in Chennai
- Preparation of Monthly Financial Information for a number of ICON entities (including Management Accounts) with supporting commentary, within strict deadlines.
- Manage full Trial Balance and maintain monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations (including Bank, VAT, salaries, etc)
- Manage, develop, and strengthen the financial reporting team. This includes people management, performance management, employee relations, and training & development
- Full responsibility for ensuring entities are compliant with local legislative requirements, i.e., Financial Statements, tax returns, etc
- Liaising with local financial/taxation advisors as required
Required Candidate Profile
- Be a fully qualified member of an internationally recognized accounting body (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CPA)
- At least 5 yrs relevant PQE gained in an international environment (or qualified by relevant experience) in management accounting, tax, and operational support of a business.
- Have a number of years exposure to share service / centralized offshore financial reporting environment
- Have a number of years of staff management experience
- Ability to build strong relationships with nonfinance departments
- Ability to manage on own initiative, manage tasks/assignments and problem solve
- Have attention to detail
- Oracle experience & advanced excel as an advantage.
- Knowledge of the CRO industry preferable
- Willingness to travel occasionally on business
For further details, click here.