The Swiss Re has invited applications from hardworking and motivated individual to join the L&H Accounting and Closing team in Financial Accounting Technical.
The Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of, insurance, and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
This role offers the opportunity for an actuary to gain hands-on experience with IFRS 17 and be part of the FPSL implementation which will shape the future financial accounting and reporting operating model.
- Support end-to-end integration testing in the new FPSL environment for IFRS 17 implementation
- Contribute to IFRS 17 prototyping and parallel run
- Review the quarterly EVM results submitted by the regional actuarial teams
- Work closely with other functions, including Business Management Actuarial, Economic Valuation & Methodology, Economic Reporting, Reinsurance FP&A, Regional Reinsurance Finance teams, Finance IT, etc.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Chartered Accountant with more than 6 years of experience.
- Understanding of and experience working with an economic valuation framework (EVM, MCEV, IFRS 17)
- Experience in financial reporting
- Previous experience working in actuarial / finance / IT projects advantageous
- Previous experience working in the Insurance/reinsurance domain is a plus
- Analytical mindset – strong quantitative skills with the ability to think independently
- Strong communication skills
- Team work – ability to work with a multidisciplinary team across locations
- Flexibility – capable of managing own workload and provide flexibility during peak periods
- Ability to develop and cultivate relationships with global business partners
- Willingness to acquire necessary system and technical knowledge
Fluent in English, both written and oral
For more details Click here.