The Ernst & Young Global Limited, commonly known as Ernst & Young or simply EY, is a multinational professional services firm headquartered in London, England, United Kingdom. EY is one of the largest professional services firms in the world.
As a GDS Assurance Manager, the individual should be a qualified accountant with excellent leadership skills. The incumbent gets an excellent opportunity to work virtually or directly with the engagement teams across the Americas and Europe, and develop knowledge of international accounting and assurance principles.
- Support a portfolio of engagements, by leading a team of Assistant Managers, Seniors, and Associates
- Ensure the team delivers timely and high-quality work, as per EY methodology and in line with the engagement team’s expectations
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of EY methodology in service delivery and supporting various quality projects, such as pre-issuance reviews, assurance quality reviews, efficiency projects, and others
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with key engagement team counterparts, such as Assurance executives based in the Americas or Europe
- Develop an understanding of EY Risk Management procedures, and ensure that these are embedded in to the engagement team’s work
- Work closely with the engagement team to transition new engagements and services to GDS Assurance while maintaining the highest levels of quality of service
- Proactively discuss workflow management with the engagement teams, allocating resources to the assigned work, and monitoring performance against standards. Monitor utilization for one’s team, budget to actuals, and other operational matters
- Demonstrate professionalism, competence, and clarity of communication when dealing with GDS and engagement teams
- Establish expectations regarding value to be delivered to the respective aligned GDS or engagement teams
- Identify opportunities to improve the scope of work for GDS Assurance
- Standardize assurance processes along with leveraging best practices across one’s aligned engagements or beyond
- Help team members grow by encouraging them to actively contribute to the team
- Lead by example, delegate work successfully and develop and maintain high performing teams
- Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback and training.
- Use technology and tools to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery
- Contribute to technical and soft-skills training to continually develop the team’s skills
- Actively participate in organizational initiatives, such as recruitment, diversity and inclusiveness, training, and others
Required Candidate profile Qualifications, skills, and experience
- Expert knowledge of Indian accounting and assurance standards or knowledge of IFRS
- Knowledge of UK GAAP or US GAAP and International assurance standards is an added advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Effective interpersonal, risk management, facilitation and presentation skills
- Project management, leadership, coaching, counseling, and supervisory skills
- Ability to spread positive work culture and teaming and live EY values
- Ability to quickly form a strong working relationship with colleagues within Indian and global teams
- Qualified chartered accountant (ICAI, CPA or ACCA)
- Internship with other top or mid-tier accounting firm
- 5 to 6 years of post-qualification experience with either a mid or top-tier accounting firm, focused on external or statutory assurance matters for an MNC or a large Indian company, preferably within a shared services environment
For more details Click here.