General Electric (GE) has invited applications for the position of Chief Finance Officer.
General Electric Company (GE) is an American multinational conglomerate incorporated in New York City and headquartered in Boston. As of 2018, the company operates through the following segments: aviation, healthcare, power, renewable energy, digital industry, additive manufacturing and venture capital and finance.
- Qualified CA MBA degree or any equivalent degree in finance from a reputed institute.
- Minimum of 20 years of experience in Finance, Taxation, Accounting, Controllership and / or Audit etc.
- Experience in the power sector or heavy engineering industry will be preferred.
- Experience of working with the Board of a listed entity.
- Should have strong executive presence and ability to work effectively internally and externally with all levels of leadership.
- Experience of working in a global matrix organization and collaborate with stakeholders
- Broad based experience in Finance and deep understanding of Statutory requirements
- Strong technical accounting and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Self-motivated and able to operate effectively in a team environment
- Zero tolerance on Compliance
CFO for India region is responsible for providing overall finance leadership to the Asia Pacific region in the formulation and execution of business strategy and growth. You would be a key member of the India Region Finance Leadership Team for GE Steam Power business in the India Region and also work with global CFO and the larger finance organization to drive global financial strategies.
- Be the financial partner to the Management team advising, supporting, alerting and challenging the regions & management around critical issues to the region/site financial performance.
- Optimize finance procedures in order to deliver the best quality and transparency of information and analysis to the Audit Committee & Board.
- Primary responsibility will include to partner with the Finance colleagues to manage the company’s finances, including project controlling, financial planning, management of financial risks, taxation, and financial reporting, etc.
- Drive overall ownership and accountability regarding Controllership initiatives across the business, including key controllership metrics (statutory financial statement filings, statutory audit requirements, account reconciliation, etc)
- Lead and work with the finance team to drive prioritization and implementation of controllership efforts and ensure on-going achievement of controllership excellence.
- Ensure Regulatory compliances within the Finance and as the KPM in the business at large.
- Drive timeliness and accuracy in financial closing & reporting and manage related communications with HQ / Units. Lead the general accounting, monthly/ quarterly close procedures, and reporting process.
- Manage relation with external stakeholders i.e. financing partners, credit rating agencies, auditors ensuring compliance with local statutory requirements
- Adopt digital and LEAN strategies to improve the existing processes and tool and introduce new ideas.
- Manage Key staff activities including selection, assimilation, communication, performance planning, development and recognition.
- Coach and mentor team members, develop talent for future, build strong succession pipeline for key finance leadership role
- Collaborate with various functional heads for smooth project execution and cross-functional organizational initiatives.
- Desired Characteristics:
- Experience in multinational companies. Understanding of U.S. and Indian GAAP, reporting requirements and applicable Indian laws
- Strategic thinker with the ability to create and execute concrete action plans
- Strong knowledge & understanding of the finance systems and processes
- Ability to build relationships, trust, and interface effectively across multiple organizations and businesses
- Ability to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex financial issues
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Location : Noida
For more details and to apply, click here.