The ONGC Mangalore Petrochemicals Limited (OMPL) is opening a job post of Deputy Manager (Legal): E3 grade.
The ONGC Mangalore Petrochemicals Limited (OMPL) is a Government of India Enterprise, jointly promoted by Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) and Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Limited (MRPL) located strategically in MSEZ Mangalore, is engaged in the Aromatic business.
- 60% aggregate marks in the minimum essential educational qualification i.e. Bachelor Degree in Law (LLB) OR 5 years Integrated LLB Degree.
- All qualifications must be from UGC recognized Indian University/UGC recognized Indian Deemed University or AICTE approved Autonomous Indian Institution/Concerned Statutory Council (wherever applicable)/Board of Technical Education.
- The minimum aggregate percentage of marks in the essential qualification as indicated above shall be aggregate of all semesters to be calculated taking an average of all semesters/years, irrespective of the weightage to any particular semester/year by the Institute/University. The aggregate percentage of marks shall not be rounded off (for example 59.99 % not be rounded off as 60 %).
- In case CGPA/OGPA/Grade is awarded by the university, the equivalent percentage shall be derived based on the formula provided by the University for converting the grade to percentage. If no formula is prescribed by the University, the equivalence in percentage of marks will be established by multiplying the CGPA/OGPA/Grade by a factor of 10 subjects to the condition that the candidate has to submit documentary proof that the University does not have any formula for conversion of CGPA/OGPA/Grade to percentage.
- Relaxation in the percentage of marks in the minimum essential qualification for the SC/ST category is applicable only to the posts reserved for SC/ST as the case may be. PWD category will get relaxation in percentage of marks for posts reserved/identified suitable for Persons with Disability (PWD) category.
- Candidates with Post Graduate Degree in Law/Diploma in Commercial/Labour/Taxation Law/Arbitration/Business/Alternate Dispute Resolution /Business Law will have added advantage.
Minimum 07 years of post-qualification experience * as an Executive/Officer in the Legal set up of the Government/Semi-Government/Public Sector Undertaking/Nationalised Banks/Listed companies ** and should have sound knowledge of Civil/Commercial/Industrial/Labour/Company Laws/leading organizations, etc. Work experience in petrochemical/oil refineries companies will be added advantage. The candidate will be required to handle the entire gamut of legal matters in the company.
* The period of experience of practicing in any Bar and/or in Direct Courts/High Courts equivalent courts as an advocate with proper license prior to service in any organization as stated above will be considered as the executive experience of purpose subject to a limit up to maximum 50% of the total required experience.
For more info click here.