The Pfizer is hiring Chartered Accountants, Lawyers for the Post of Indirect Tax Manager.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
The position will be responsible for managing all indirect tax litigation across the various Indian States. The role holder is required to have a strong understanding of applicable State VAT laws, Central Sales Tax Act, and other erstwhile indirect tax regulations. The role holder should be able to apply them to business situations and routine operations. He / She should be a team player, who can closely work with other finance and business colleagues in collating necessary information and documentation to submit before various indirect tax assessing / appellate authorities, identifying potential areas of risk and collaborating for process improvement opportunities.
- Regular tracking and management of all the open cases spread across all Indian States;
- Access old legacy systems and historical records to compile and review the documentary evidences required to be submitted to the assessing authorities;
- Work closely with internal stakeholders on a regular basis to gather facts and draft appropriate factual submissions during audit and appeal hearings;
- Coordinate with external consultants, counsels, lawyers and advocates for case briefings, appeal hearings and representation support;
- Attend hearings along with consultants / lawyers wherever required;
- Review past returns and file revisions or update those returns wherever required;
- Maintain and track the litigation exposures and review and analyze the risk probability of the issues under dispute to ascertain the amount of accrual required and disclosure of contingent liability in the financial statements;
- Analyze the demand / appeal orders and account for all tax payments and changes to the accrual position on a timely and regular basis in the SAP system;
- Filing applications for obtaining statutory forms for past inter-state transactions, following up with the authorities, managing the distribution of these forms to inter-state vendors or the submission thereof to various state VAT authorities;
- Maintain an updated schedule of quarterly movements in the indirect tax related ledgers for US-GAAP and Indian GAAP reporting and resolve queries of statutory/corporate/ internal auditors;
- Reconcile the ledgers balances on a monthly basis for internal reporting and auditing purposes;
- Submit monthly/quarterly MIS on the status of litigation and accrual positions;
- Evaluate regulatory changes and updates and its impact on Pfizer; and
- Maintain budgets for the tax function and perform administrative tasks for engagement of service providers and booking/payment of their invoices.
As a part of its job responsibilities, the position will regularly interact with:
- Peers in larger finance function, legal and compliance teams, procurement and distribution teams, offshore transaction processing colleagues, global tax, various business vertical leaders and their teams and other enabling functions (Internal relationships)
- Tax advisers, tax and statutory auditors, trade vendors and customers and tax authorities (External relationships)
- A Chartered Accountant or a Lawyer having relevant post qualification experience of approximately 5 to 6 years with strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Experience in a Pharma MNC and / or in a Consulting firm will be an added advantage
- He / She should have sound technical knowledge and experience in Indian indirect tax laws with an understanding of international tax regulations.
- He / She should be a self-motivated individual with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
For further details Click here.