×
Headlines

Rajasthan Tax Dept launches Amnesty Scheme for Stamp Duty Evaders

Stamp Duty - Taxscan

The Rajasthan State Tax department has launched an amnesty scheme for the stamp duty evaders.

According to the notification issued by the department, interest and penalty payable on stamp duty shall be remitted in the following cases, namely:

  1. cases pending before the Collector (Stamps) up to the date of this notification in which the stamp duty payable has been deposited during the period from 14.02.2019 to 31.03.2019.
  2. cases filed before Collector (Stamps) during the period from 14.02.2019 to 31.03.2019 in which the stamp duty payable has been deposited during the period from 14.02.2019 to 31.03.2019.
  3. cases adjudicated by the Collector (Stamps) up to the date of this notification in which the stamp duty payable has been deposited during the period from 14.02.2019 to 31.03.2019.
  4. cases pending before Rajasthan Tax Board, Rajasthan High Court or in any other Court up to the date of this notification wherein party withdraws the case and submits the evidence of such withdrawal and the stamp duty payable has been deposited during the period from 14,02.2019 to 37.03.2019.

It said that the cases where stamp duty adjudicated by the Collector (Stamps) have already been deposited before the date of this notification, 80 percent reduction in the amount of interest and penalty payable on stamp duty shall be allowed if the remaining 20 percent amount of interest and penalty has been deposited during the period from 14.02.2019 to 31.03.2019.

Further, the cases pending before Rajasthan Tax Board, Rajasthan High Court or in any other Court wherein the total amount of stamp duty payable has been deposited before the date of this notification and the party withdraws the case and submits the evidence of such withdrawal, 80 percent reduction in the amount of interest and penalty payable on stamp duty shall be allowed if the remaining 20 percent amount of interest and penalty has been deposited during the period from 14.02.2019 to 31.03.2019.

“The amount deposited under the proviso to the section 65 of the said Act for filling revision before Rajasthan Tax Board, shall be adjusted towards the payment of stamp duty,” it said.

CLOSE
CLOSE
Top