The BNY Mellon one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies has invited applications from eligible candidates for the post of Senior Auditor.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets.
· Performs risk-focused fieldwork, in accordance with Internal Audit policies, methodologies, and standards in order to identify meaningful issues, risks, and other exposures in the area of the company being audited or reviewed.
· May be required to possess specialist skills if, for example, the auditor is being hired for Technology, Professional Practices, or has a targeted role such as quantitative analysis for a Model Auditor or programming.
· Shadows and deputizes for Auditor III, in preparation for managing audit projects and conducting more complex audits.
· Tests financial, operational, and other processes as per Audit.
· Conducts risk-focused audits that can have a negative impact on business continuity and makes conclusions on the level of residual risk.
· Appropriately analyzes control environments and develops effective audit steps to test controls where necessary in line with a new methodology.
· Owns sections of the audit program and brings them to completion.
· Engages in Continuous Monitoring activities.
· Uses knowledge of financial institutions and all applicable regulatory requirements on a day to day basis.
· Learns business strategies, processes, and regulations (both on the job and through relevant training) and is alert to the changing nature of risk.
· Uses statistical or modeling computing software if applicable.
· Demonstrates newly acquired knowledge and skills through, for example, thoughtful analysis of business processes and issue identification, as well as discussions with the project leader and auditees.
· Viewed as an internal resource capable of creating and maintaining accurate and clear work documents, completing tasks on time, on budget, and accurately, and quickly learning new businesses, processes, and regulations.
· Has built a foundational understanding of core concepts in data analytics, relevant technology, the regulatory environment, the financial services industry, project management, and business processes and can integrate these concepts into audit processes.
· Regulatory requirements and best practices and initiates the development of a structure or solution to address the issue(s).
· Identifies opportunities for the use of automation and makes recommendations for software support requests.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
· Degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant critical thinking specialty such as MIS, DIS, Computer Science, Mathematics preferred. Modelers – Masters in Mathematical Finance or advanced degree in Math, Statistics, Physics, Economics, or Engineering preferred.
· 3-5 years of total work experience preferred. Prior experience in Audit or the relevant specialty area preferred.
· Additional core skill requirements include an understanding of the applied and interpretation of analytics results for Audit, critical thinking, and problem-solving.
For more info click here