Amazon seeks a Financial Analyst to lead a function/category specific finance activity.
The person would play a key role in driving the function /category agenda and would work as a business partner in delivering the business result. The key task would be to help the business in decision support through data analysis and business insight. In addition, this position supports and partners with various functions to develop annual plans, forecast, analyze trends, create metrics, and perform analyses to support business decisions.
CA, CPA, or CWA, with 10+ or more years of post-qualification experience in Accounting / Management reporting and analysis / Forecasting & Budgeting · Experience in COGNOS and SQL, is a strong plus. · Exceptional leadership and team development skills. · Strong customer focus – both Internal / External · A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations. · Detail-oriented, well-organized. · Ability to readily adapt to and lead through changing environment
Proven expertise managing, evaluating, analyzing data quickly, and creating meaningful business reporting – Strong financial acumen – Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills – Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines – Exceptional interpersonal skills — including written and oral communication skills. – Retail industry experience (Preferred) – Experience using VBA, Cognos, SQL, Oracle Financial Applications
Reporting and Analysis:
– Perform financial reporting and support monthly P&L analysis and financial forecasts
– Support in monthly/quarterly financial closing activity in close co-ordination with business and accounting teams
– Evaluate and question the Capex &Opex requirements and continuously benchmark cost productivity for the business
– Facilitate financial review meetings with business groups and work with business managers to ensure effective finance and cost management.
– Assist in Measuring and reporting progress on key goals for the business team in a timely manner
– Measuring and monitoring of metrics for new business initiatives
– Provide inputs for monthly and quarterly business reviews in a timely manner. Facilitate the business reviews with data analysis and follow through with business leaders on actionable items for improving business metrics over a period of time
– Perform ad-hoc business analyses, and financial modeling. Present recommendations to senior management on strategic decisions, and planned future initiatives
– Partnering with the Global leadership team to develop strategic multi-year or long term operating plans
– Execute and drive KPI metrics for business and operation performance
– Demonstrate appropriate understanding/working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and apply them
– Ensure appropriate financial policies, procedures, and internal controls are in place, documented, and operating as intended.
Leadership and Management:
· Participate in recruiting efforts. Continually raises the bar.
· Execute vision and goals for the team or the department.
· Guide recruitment, retention, staff training and performance reviews.
· Build relationships: Make and keep commitments, seek opportunities to partner with customers, be optimistic, and anticipate needs.
· Ensure the department is well planned: Define opportunities, communicate vision and goals in a way everyone understands, know what most important and set priorities is, ask for commitment, follow up on progress being made, promote accountability.
· Protect our brand: Know and live the values, ensure team members are living the values
· Work on critical projects that serve major parts of the business.
· Serve as Team lead for medium and large scale projects.
· Actively participate in strategic initiatives and special projects when assigned or required.
· Lead cross functional systems and process improvement initiatives
· Provide high level support to business partners. Compile and present materials to senior management.
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
To apply, click here.